A gooey, undercooked brownie layer is topped with salted peanuts and mini peanut butter cups, and then with a layer of chocolate-peanut butter rice krispie fudge. You won’t be able to resist this decadent dessert!
Hello friends! Can you believe that Thanksgiving is less than a week away?! Some of you may be freaking out about the mass amount of food you have to somehow prepare over the span of the day, but me? I’m HYPE!
Why, you may ask?
– MUCH NEEDED time off work
– I’m making some dank sweet potato casserole for my friend Dan’s family Thanksgiving
– Everyone is leaving town, so I’ll finally be able to get an actual table at Compass Coffee instead of awkwardly hovering in a corner
– My photographer friend Jacqui is coming into town to help me do some *BLOG DEVELOPMENT*
And the lead-up to Thanksgiving has been nothing short than a blast, as well! Case-in-point – the work Friendsgiving for which I made these incredible brownies (as well as a Cranberry Baked Brie – ohmygod), enjoyed copious amounts of wine, cider, and food, and got to bond with my coworkers over making our first-ever turkey!
Not pictured – that moment when Brittany and I walked to Whole Foods to get crackers for the brie and ended up at a wine and cheese tasting where we wanted to stay forever. Why is cheese so good??!!
Now, these brownies were a HIT. I’m surprised there were any left after appetizer hour! Sure, they’re not a traditional Thanksgiving dish, but that makes it even better – you can enjoy them any day, any season, any time! That’s what being an adult is all about – having brownies for breakfast 😉
To make these brownies, you will need:
– 1 pan of brownies (I used Trader Joe’s Gluten Free Brownie Mix, but you can use whatever mix you like OR if you’re ambitious you can make yours from scratch!)
– 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
– 1/2 cup mini peanut butter cups (the ones from Trader Joe’s are the perfect size, but if you’re using Reese’s I would recommend chopping them)
– 1 T butter
– 1.5 cups creamy peanut butter
– 1.5 cups semisweet chocolate chips
– 1.5 cups rice krispies cereal
First up! Prepare an 8×8 pan of brownie batter according to the package directions, and pop it into the oven at 350F for 20-25 minutes. We want it to be gooey and slightly undercooked!
Look how gooey that center is! Sprinkle the underbaked brownies with your chopped peanuts and peanut butter cups, and stick it back into the oven for 4-6 more minutes, until those PB cups are nice and melty. Take the pan out of the oven, and prep your fudge.
In a microwave-safe bowl, combine your butter, peanut butter, and chocolate chips. Heat in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth.
Once the mixture is smooth, stir in the Rice Krispies until well-combined. Spread the fudge mixture over the brownies. Pop them in the fridge for a few hours so the fudge can solidify.
Once firm, slice and enjoy! I’m NOT joking when I say these will be the hit of whatever party you’re at – I solicited several marriage proposals, and I don’t think my coworkers will ever look at me the same way again. You have been warned.